To be considered for aid you must fill in all blanks of the attached PDF form (see link at the bottom of the page) completely and return to Eastgate Church treasurer, secretary, or pastor as early as possible.
The Eastgate Church has included in its budget an amount to provide aid to parents who desire a Christian education for their children. This aid is predicated on the following beliefs:
1. The primary responsibility for raising and educating children resides with the parents. We subscribe to the beliefs expressed in 1 Timothy 5:8 and 1 Thessalonians 4:11, 12
2. The secondary level of responsibility resides with the student; more so as the student approaches maturity.
Pre-Requisites for Financial Assistance1. Parents and children should be attending members of the Eastgate Church for at least six months (unless they have more recently moved into the area).
2. Parents must have demonstrated financial commitment to the church with tithes and offerings.
3. Student-aid is based on parental and student responsibility (it is expected that the school account be kept current).
4. Students receiving student-aid grants must continue to be in good and regular standing in the church and at the school (not suspended and/or on scholastic probation).
5. Parents who receive educational benefits from the SDA Conference are not eligible for Eastgate Church aid.
6. Parents may be asked to provide documentation of their financial situation.
7. Student-aid is not retroactive – not to be applied to previous accounts.
8. Decisions on financial assistance are ordinarily made during July and August for the following school year. Grants are based on available monies in the Student-Aid Account.
9. Acceptance of student-aid grants authority to the school to release to Eastgate Church the academic and financial standing of the assisted student(s).
Family Income General Guidelines
1 Child...........Income up to $45,000.00
2 Children......Income up to $55,000.00
3 Children......Income up to $65,000.00
4 Children......Income up to $75,000.00
Typical Student-Aid Grants
Elementary.....up to $1,000.00 per student per year contingent on funds available
Academy .......up to $2,000.00 per student per year contingent on funds available
If your income last year exceeded (or this year is expected to exceed) the above guidelines, or if you feel there should be an exception to the above prerequisites, please include with your application a letter explaining extenuating circumstances that create the need for additional assistance.
Please return the following page to the Church Treasurer, Secretary, or Pastor at your earliest convenience. Applications will be reviewed in the order received by the Treasurer.